Thursday, September 10, 2009

To kiss or not to kiss...

This morning, my dad decided to leave the car and took public transportation to work instead.
We went off together.

My dad alighted a stop before mine.
So, I did the usual.
Salam and kiss his cheeks.

It is a normal everyday practice for me and my siblings to salam and kiss both our parents.
Apparently, it's an ALIEN thing to all the other MRT patron.
All eyes were practically on me, and that stare went on till about 3 mins or so.
Tsk tsk...
Did I do anything wrong here?
Hahaha...

While most people find it very embarrassing, I find it perfectly normal.
However, I do have my fair shares of awkward moments of kissing my parents in public during my preeminent teenage years.

Those feelings were swiped away with my mum's sharp (but true) words.
She said, "Oh...kiss boyfriend/girlfriend in public not paiseh..kiss OWN parents you want to feel paiseh? Tsk tsk..."
Like a hard slap in the face, I realise how factual was that.
I find it really sad that some people NEVER even kiss their parents.
Ok, some do not kiss their dad, only mum, and that is rather acceptable.
What I'm referring to is those people who never even or too paiseh to kiss their own mum.

Some reasons I get, when asked why don't you kiss your parents?
1) Oh... weird uh if kiss parents.
2) Urghh..for what kiss parents?
3) Never practice that before.
4) Paiseh sia want to kiss parents...like com'on, we're grown up you know, not some kids.
One word - Sad.
I'd understand if you find it weird cos you have never practice it before.
But to feel paiseh? - THIS I don't understand.

Yesterday, while waiting for bus to go home, I saw a mum and a daughter (prolly in her mid 20s), crossing a rather busy road.
The mum, was putting one hand over the daughter's shoulder, the other hand holding the girl's hand (like hugging position).
Everyone at the bus stop, including me was watching.
There I was, thinking, wah the mum really care for the daughter...such a lovely mum-protecting-daughter scene.
The moment I thought of that, the daughter did a very shocking move.
She actually pushed her mum's hands away from her, said "No need to hold me...I can cross on my own, aiyaa.." and shrugged to the mum's other side, walked three or four steps faster.

My eyes literally open wide.
Yes, literally.
Tsk tsk...
Sad.
These are just my views and opinion.
I am going to end this topic here as I know this topic is kinda sensitive or shall I say debatable?
Anyway, this was my break fast dinner last night.

Spring rolls with cabbage.

I love to 'design' my food.
I find it to be very therapeutic.
So go ahead and try it!

Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home